The New Compare Page Allows You To:
- Aggregate cross-platform Emotional Reactions across up to 20 different Canvs assets.
- Trend Reactions by source over time.
- View Emotional drivers and topics of conversation for each compare asset without leaving the compare page.
- Rank a bespoke list Canvs assets across a wide array of Canvs metrics.
Navigating to the Canvs Compare Page
You can access the Compare page by clicking on the Compare icon located on the top of the page on the left side.
Once the page has loaded, you will be greeted by a search interface that you can to search for and select assets to add to your Compare. For more information on how this search functionality works in Canvs, please refer to our Global Search article.
Once you select a piece of content, Canvs will load the Compare Modify interface.
Using Compare's Modify Functionality
Compare's Modify options allow you to select your desired time range and airings/posts for your analysis. Modify consists of 5 major elements, broken out in the highlighted boxes below:
An example of the Canvs Compare Modify tab for Twitter TV content
Modify Selection – Modify Selection allows you to navigate between the 3 main sections of Compare's Modify settings: Date Range, Search Terms, and Filters.
Quick Select – Quick select allows you to quickly select common time spans for analysis. This selection is dependent on the mod of the Date Range or Airing(s) toggle. It and the date Range selector will disappear if Airings is selected.
Date Range or Airing(s)/Post(s) – Allows you to toggle between a time period of data (and all the airings or posts within it) or select a specific selection of airings or posts.
Date Range – The Date Range selector allows you to pick a custom date range, either through the calendar date picker or by manually entering the Start and End dates. Please note: You need to enter the entire date when manually entering the Start and End dates, inclusive of 0s in front.
- Selected Collection Data – On the right hand of Modify you'll see a summary of the date range you currently have selected. You will either see a summary of a date range if you have selected Date Range, or a list of airings/posts if you have selected Airing(s). You can also quickly remove selected data by hovering over it and clicking the X that appears in the top right.
Removing Unwanted Posts from a Facebook Compare Asset
Using Compare's Search and Filters in Modify
Canvs' Structured Search is available for all Compare assets you have added to your page. It functions in the same manner as on the Content page. Learn more about Structured Search here.
Filters, depending on source, present you with a number of options to refine your Compare analysis.
Example of Filters available for Twitter TV
Examples of Filters available for Owned Facebook
Examples of Filters available for Owned YouTube
Examples of Filters available for Owned Instagram
Canvs Compare Page Features and Functionality
After adding content to Compare, you will see the page populated with Canvs assets
Aggregated Comparison Metrics – Compare creates an aggregate of all assets' selected emotional metrics (metrics are selected with the Compare Metrics Modifier on the top right of the page).
Compare Ranker Section – The Ranker section in Compare shows a breakdown of each selected emotional metric by Compare asset. Clicking on the carrot next to each emotional metric's title will sort all Compare assets by that metric. You can read more in the section below.
View More – View more expands the page to show more detail about an individual Compare asset, or the Compare page in aggregate. You can read more about how View More works below.
Compare Asset Summary – This contains summary information about each asset within your Compare selection. A detailed overview of this portion of the page can be found below.
Compare Export – You can export an .xlxs file that contains all data visualized in your Compare selection. You can read more about Exporting data from Canvs here.
- Compare Metrics Drop-Down – This drop-down allows you to select which Canvs metrics to display within Compare. More information can be found below.
Ranking Content in Compare
You can order your Compare assets by any metric you have selected from the Compare Metrics Drop-Down. The first click on any metric sort by that metric in descending order (largest to smallest). With a second click on the same metric, compare will reverse and sort assets in ascending order (smallest to largest).
Clicking View More expands the Compare page to show more information about a specific asset or the Compare set at large. Depending on if you click the View More button on the Aggregated Comparison Metrics tab or on a Compare asset, the experience will be slightly different.
View more on Aggregated Comparison Metrics
This allows you to see the volume of Emotional Reactions across all assets trended over time by source. It also contains a source breakdown, allowing you to understand what platform is driving the most responses, and how emotions differ for each platform.
When you click on View More on an individual Compare Asset, you'll see Reactions trended over the time range you have selected, as the same, contextual information found on the bottom left of the Content Page. You will also see example Reactions on the lower right.
Compare Asset Summary
This section of the page shows key details for each asset you have selected in Compare. Each Compare asset will be color-coded based on its source. Twitter TV is light blue, YouTube is Red, Facebook is dark blue, and Instagram is a rainbow gradient.
An example Compare page with content from multiple sources
- Compare Asset Name – The name of all campaign assets are shown here.
- Timeframe and Data Summary – This section contains an overview of the date range selected and how many posts and Reactions were analyzed.
- Source and Content Count Summary – The bottom section of every Compare asset shows how many posts, videos, media, or airings are contained within the selected date range. It also shows the platform icon of the asset. If this is a Twitter TV asset, you will also see if the selected airings are in 24/7 or Linear mode. You can read more about these modes here.
- Delete Compare Asset – To remove a compare asset, hover over the asset summary section until you see the "X" button. Clicking that button will remove that asset from your Compare selection.
- Modify Button – If you need to edit the settings of any asset in Compare, clicking the Modify Button will open the Modify options tab for the relevant asset.
Customizing Compare Metrics
Clicking on the Metrics button on the upper right will open the Metrics options drop-down menu.
From this menu, you can select from 4 Canvs metrics or any of Canvs' 42 Emotional categories.
The four selectable Canvs metrics are:
- Emotional Reactions – This option is always set to display. It shows the total volume of Emotional Reactions
- Reaction Rate – Toggle Reaction Rate on or off for your compare results. (Read more about Reaction Rate here)
- Reactions Retweets/Replies – Shows the total % of Reactions that are driven by Retweets (if the Compare asset is Twitter TV) or Replies (if the asset is from Owned Facebook, YouTube, or Instagram).
- Reactions Per Minute – Shows the Reactions per minute of each compare asset.
Exporting Compare Results
If you want to integrate your Compare results with other data sources, or you are interested in diving deeper into the numbers, you can click the Export button and select the "Export Comparisons" option. This will download an .xlsx file with all the data shown on your current Compare configuration.